I am addicted to the virtual world of media.
I am so addicted that I would feel very insecure and my day would not be complete without going online for at least once a day.
That's even the case for me - an non-techie; one can imagine how impossible it is for other more trendy young adults to be seperated from the digital media in their daily lives.
*** *** ***
My digital life 'officially' started about 2 years ago when I owned my laptop. Since then, the routine of using the internet has been very much the same:
Check emails;
Check Facebook;
Open a playlist on Youtube;
Surf the internet.
I think why I get so addicted to the digital world is that it allows me to connect with world, to explore and to be inspired from the world.In other words, I use the media for social networking, learning, entertainment and getting inspirations. The following websites are the ones that I cannot quit using and reading them nowadays.
1. Facebook
![]() |
It is also a source for news after subscribing to a number of public Facebook pages.
2. Youtube
![]() |
| Youtube |
Initially, it's the media that I use to listen and explore different types of music on the internet. I particularly like to listen to or watch videos that are re-produced by many other users, like a cover of a hit song.
Now Youtube has also become a source of news and learning for me. I now watch a lot videos about photoshop skills and make-up and learn from them. It makes learning a lot easier to understand, ready to understand and efficient.
These are the websites where I get inspiration for leisure drawing and photo-shooting. I learn from the photos taken by other users and discussion of skills they used.The following 2 websites are the ones I visited the most recently:
Nika Fadul on Flickr
4. Blogs
![]() |
| That [un]reliable girl page |
*** *** ***
I like using the social media to learn and stay connected with people. After reading or using the materials published by others, I would also like to be one of them and start sharing my thoughts. I hope in this course - EN4166 - I can learn more different types of new media, explore other possible means of sharing and share them with other bloggers :)




Recently I just found out that Pinterest and I'm so in love with it! It's a really good site! Somehow I think it's even better than Tumblr because it shows more photos at the same time than Tumblr!
ReplyDeleteYes! I particularly like the idea of 'categorizing' pictures that you like!
Deletei don't really use those websites of number 3. i use Instagram instead. which one is more popular?
ReplyDeleteThat's interesting. I don't use Instagram so I can't tell you the differences between those websites and instagram. Maybe you tell me what I can do with instagram other than taking photos and adding various color filter onto them?
DeleteHm, I would say Tumblr is the most popular among those because it is like a blog but with pictures instead of words. You can easily share pictures that you like with a click of 'reblog' or 'like', I think. I don't owe a Tumblr account but I really enjoy reading others' Tumblr blogs. They are quite inspiring to read sometimes. So you may want to have a look too.
I think Flickr is more for the professional photographers and fans of photo editing to share their photos. So photos on Flickr are usually professionally taken and you will know who the photographer is.
Pinterest is the newest photo-sharing website or blog among those three. It works like Tumblr but you cannot really customize the layout setting like what you can do with Tumblr. One big thing that I like about Pinterest is that it is like a cupboard keeping all the pictures that I like and pinned. You can categorize and keep the photos in as many different albums as you like.
So, I hope I answered your question :)
Wow I can see that you are really addicted to the new media world as much as I am. Pinterest is also my favourite site recently, there are lots of interesting stuff for people to explore.
ReplyDeleteHowever, I encounter some technical problem when I'm trying to visit the blogs (That [un]reliable girl) you recommend.
@ Liv: What a pity. I think the blogger has removed or diable her blog recently.
Delete